Jesus, Captain of Life’s Sea

Jesus, Captain of Life’s

Sea, 


I have a friend in Jesus,  Who guides me through the gale, 

A first mate and a skipper,  Who helps me to set sail.  He offers strength and,  guidance, A helmsman at the wheel, An ever-steady beam of light,  A fortress made of steel.  He’s the master of the ocean,  My refuge and my rock ,  A harbor that I turn to,  My anchor at life’s dock. 

He’s a mighty sailing warrior,  A helping hand indeed   A pilot through the churning waves,  He meets my every need.  He’s the One I always run to,  When the waves won’t let me be, 

 The lighthouse that I turn to,  On a rough and troubled sea.  He’s a smoothly sailing vessel,  A refuge from the storm,  The gentle breeze that sends me to,  An island, sweet and warm.  He’s a brave and fearless skipper,  A shelter from the heat,  Water when I’m thirsty,  A vessel filled with wheat.  He’s a sure and steady sailor,  My Captain on life’s sea,  No matter where I journey,  He goes along with me.
by Marilyn Ferguson 2003
God is Love 1John 4:16

Popular posts from this blog

Oración: El Espíritu Santo--Holy Spirit Come!

Keep Your Lamp Burning

Here Are Things God Hates From You